SIPI.eu is an initiative of Youth hiking and cycling club, Sofia,conceived in May 2014. Our idea was simple: to do something, that would lead to reduced pollution in the environment. It got us thinking: which of our habits were the ones leading to throwing away large amount of trash. And we thought of plastic. And of all the disposable plastic cups, boxes, and bags we throw away daily.
SIPI.eu appeal is, again, simple – to replace plastic (and not only) disposable packages and
products, with reusable ones. We ourselves are learning every day to carry our own cloth bag; a box for food, or a container or jar for lunch; to use our own ceramic or metal cup, instead of a plastic one, for our morning coffee. Just as any other consumer, we are well aware of the difficulties and inconveniences that follow, but we are motivated by the idea, that a small change of habit can lead to a big change in the world we live in.
We are actively interested in the opinions of consumers and business owners alike – we think that an idea is complete only then, when all points of view are taken into account. We are trying to reach people through clear ideas and youthful enthusiasm. And also through different events.
So far SIPI.eu has:
- Participated in an event, called “Eco-maddness”, in July 2014, by organizing a flash mob;
- Presented its idea in an event of the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation in June 2014;
- Organized a flash mob, together with “Za Zemiata” ,in Central Sofia Market Hall, titled “Get your head out of the bag!” in July 2014;
- Completed a project with financing from Sofia Municipality – „SIPI.eu in Lyulin” with 40th High school in Lyulin in October and November 2014;
- Attended numerous festivals in Sofia and the country in 2014 and 2015;
SIPI.eu is an initiative of Youth hiking and cycling club. The Club is the main organizer of the events, in which other volunteers take part as well.